Saturday, June 14, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere...

Filed under Tidbits

Try to picture this: I'm walking down Rechov Sonnenfeld this past Friday afternoon, carrying a case of 2-liter Ein Gedi water bottles in my right hand, and two bags of shirts from the cleaners in my left. (Don't ask why they're in bags. For some reason, in this country, someone decided that "boxed" actually means "bagged", and I'm smart enough not to try to ask any dumb questions as to why. I just wonder what you get if you ask for "bagged".)

Anyway, as I approach the intersection of Sonnenfeld and Lendner, almost without warning there is a huge RIIIIIIIP!!! (Kinda like the sound you might end up hearing if you wear pants that are way too small for you.) The case of Ein Gedi water, in a dramatic display of balance, splits in half RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE, ejecting 3 bottles out of each side and sending all six 2-liter bottles rolling down the hill, each one racing off in its own direction, some down Sonnenfeld and some down Lendner.

As I toss the shirts aside and go racing after my precious water, I think to myself: someone is gonna get it over the head for this one. I'm not sure who, but someone is gonna get it. I mean, this is ridiculous. What has this world come to?! Exploding water bottle cases?! Whatever shall we do if the terrorists get hold of these things?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moish next time buy Mey Eden!!!!

Anonymous said...

Never ever rely on the handles in this country, always hold one hand on the bottem.

Anonymous said...

Milk in a bag, water in a box, shirts in a bag, what a confused country!
-Yatzmach-